Thursday, August 11, 2011

Happy Meal toy collection: Papa Smurf

You guys may have seen from my past blog post where I featured Brainy Smurf and his toaster that I got from the McDonald's Happy Meal I ordered, well here is the other Smurfs character that I last purchased and it is none other than Papa Smurf... and this time he's cooking something magical inside that potion pot and he wants Brainy Smurf to be the first one to take the plunge, so to speak. Anyways I decided to photograph the two together during one of their peculiar bonding moments and it sure is nice to see these awesome blue creatures once more after more than 20 years when I used to watch them on the telly as a kid, and aside from the toy line McDonald's (Philippines) is featuring this month,  they too now have a full-length movie!


Here are some of the photos I took earlier this evening:


Papa Smurf and Brainy Smurf in one crazy bonding moment...
(L-R) Papa Smurf, Brainy Smurf

2 comments:

  1. See the difference between the US and Asian release. Read about the comparison between the two sets and more HERE:
    http://geekmatic.blogspot.com/2011/08/happy-meal-toy-for-august-2011-are.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're absolutely right Mark, it is indeed easier to collect all of the 8 Smurfs Happy Meal toys here in the Philippines compared to the ones in the U.S., though I personally think that having the ones like Clumsy's Magic Wand and Papa's Potion that light up gives that "extra edge" compared to the the U.S. line. But either way, they are still nice items to collect, with or without the effects.

    ReplyDelete