Wednesday, December 14, 2011

First toy feature for the month of December: Bandai Chogokin Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Aegis


It's that most wonderful time of the year and yes ladies and gentlemen, Christmas is just around the corner and everyone's in a hustle and bustle mood preparing for this joyous occasion which will be happening in a week's time... And here on Made in X, we usher in the yuletide season with our very first toy feature this December and it's none other than that lovely PVC figure of Aegis (or spelled as "Aigis" for some) from the popular Playstation game 'Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3' manufactured by Bandai Chogokin.


I was very much aware of the Persona game made for the Playstation, in fact I remember getting so engrossed in playing with the very first Persona game on the Playstation 1 console many years ago and though the graphics and gameplay may not be that grand and mind-blowing unlike on the PS2 and PS3 platforms, but getting to kick your opponent's booty with some real nifty stuff like mixing and matching those elemental cards to concoct a spirit guardian (sorry folks I can't remember anymore the right terms used for that game) that you can summon to crush your enemy to smithereens... it was like playing Final Fantasy 8 with a touch of Final Fantasy Tactics on the side. Sadly I never got to play the other Persona series on the PS2 mainly I was focused on playing other game titles like Gran Turismo, Silent Hill and Resident Evil, I only learned about the new series when I eventually "retired" from playing the PS2 though I plan on doing some catching up on the game through its PSP version.


Last December 11, I was with my buddies and fellow toy enthusiasts Adrian and Francis and later that afternoon at Adrian's place, I had that rare experience in getting a closer look at this wonderful Chogokin figure of Aegis and as soon as it got unboxed and placed inside the lightbox, my camera clicked away and was very much satisfied with this beauty. I can truly say that this is a must-have for all Persona fans out there. I have other photo samples of Aegis posted on this article and if you guys would want to see the entire set, please do visit our Facebook page by clicking here and see why this lovely PVC figure is worth to have in your collection. 'Til next time guys, stay safe always!


(*Click on the images for larger view and more photos inside)





No comments:

Post a Comment