Friday, July 20, 2012

Nifty toy finds: Crystal Warrior DX Fighter Water from Bandai (part 2)

Recently, I got to feature this cool toy find that I've purchased dirt cheap at the SM Toy Express a couple of months ago which was the Crystal Warrior DX Fighter Magical spacecraft from Bandai, and for those who are not familiar with Crystal Warrior, China took the initiative to come up with their own original Super Sentai heroes to compete against their more popular Japanese and U.S. counterparts.. though honestly it took me a little bit of effort to find out more about them over the internet since there wasn't that much talk about them and I couldn't get to find any website (official or fan-based) to support my blog article.. only from a handful of forums did I manage to get the information I wanted about Crystal Warrior, though it wasn't that much but it was a lot of help. Bandai somehow stepped in to support the creators of Crystal Warrior by handling their merchandising and they came up with a fair number of toys comprising of figures and spacecrafts.. and that's the gist of it.



What caught my attention from the Crystal Warrior toy line being sold on sale at Toy Express were the spacecrafts since at that time the store sold only the bigger versions of the main Sentai characters and getting just a few of them can be a huge nightmare for my already cramped bedroom, the spacecrafts were more manageable and looking for a spot to place them in was easy. Out of the 5 spacecrafts selling, I only got two from the collection... and now I present to you, ladies and gentlemen, the Crystal Warrior DX Fighter Water spacecraft.



The price for this baby is the same as the DX Fighter Magical (around Php 60 or roughly around $1.00++) and even though they were both manufactured by Bandai, I really wasn't that impressed with some of the toy's physical attributes, in terms of the colorways and the detailing but you can see and feel that it's sturdy (which is synonymous to Bandai's excellence in toy quality) and not some knock-off toy that can break easily after some time. For some strange reason I got the urge to take out my camera and take snapshots of the DX Fighter Water yesterday afternoon and here are some of them that you can check after the article. Hope you like it guys and 'til next time, stay safe always!


(*Click on the images for larger view and more photos inside)







2 comments:

  1. i collected all the planes for my son... they are suppose to form a big ass spaceship ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi anonymous.. You're absolutely correct, the two airships that I have managed to purchase are just part of a much bigger mother ship when assembled. Though SM Toy Express only sold the 4 basic airships at that time and the main airship was nowhere to be found, if they only had the main ship then I could have bought the entire set since the items were extremely affordable. Thanks for the comment, cheers!

      Delete