Monday, June 06, 2011

My surviving original Star Wars figures...

I guess I can say that I was lucky to have seen and witnessed the birth of one of the biggest Sci-Fi motion picture series that ever came out in movie history, and though I was a toddler then when the first Star Wars film was shown in 1977, everyone flocked to the movie houses braving the long, winding lines of people eager to watch this phenomenal brain child of George Lucas, and from that moment on, Sci-Fi Movies will never be the same again.


Even young kids like me then easily knew the main characters of Star Wars , starting with Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, Han Solo, R2-D2, C-3PO. And along with these legendary Star Wars characters came also their fabulous merchandising that included of course the numerous line of action figures that was a sure hit for both young and old alike, I for one did my best to try and get hold of all the Star Wars action figures but as far as I can remember, I only had three of them and these are Chewbacca, R2-D2 and a Stormtrooper figure... No Luke Skywalker, no Darth Vader, No Han Solo nor Princess Leia. Just those three and that's all.

My original Chewbacca and Stormtrooper figures from Star Wars (circa late 70's-early 80's)


Of the three Star Wars figures I have, only two remained as you can see on the photo that I took sometime last year, The last time I saw my R2-D2 figure it was lacking some of its essential sticker decals and both of its legs are badly loose, until I eventually lost him and couldn't find him anywhere. But nonetheless, a small part of my fond childhood memories stays with me thanks to these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment