Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Should I stay or should I go to Megamall for the 2011 ToyCon?

The Philippine ToyCon (Toy Convention) is one of the most anticipated annual events for all toy and cosplay enthusiasts who would want to get their hands on the greatest deals and rarest steals from a sea of toys to choose from while cosplayers strut their stuff and tease your senses with their best rendition of their favorite anime or cartoon characters through elaborate self-made costumes and whatnots. It was a pity for me since I used to work before at a company that is located very near SM Megamall and for all the almost three-years that I've worked there, not even once did I made an attempt to visit the annual ToyCon held at the Megatrade Hall on the 5th floor, maybe because I was just too tired from all the day's work and I would rather go home and get some rest... but in recent times as I look back at all the wasted opportunity, I kinda had that guilty feeling that I should have gone there even once while I had the chance to be near the venue. As they all say "Nasa huli ang pagsisisi" (Regrets are felt when it's just too late.)


Now that the 2011 Philippine Toys, Hobbies and Collectibles Convention is fast approaching (approximately in 2-weeks time) and now I have to decide for myself if I'm ready and willing to take that bold step in going to SM Megamall and brave the humongous crowd of hungry enthusiasts ready to rock and roll inside the Megatrade Hall, I was thinking of this funny scenario that it may look like finding myself lost and alone in a sea of Orcs deployed for battle rushing towards Helm's Deep from LOTR! It may sound exaggerated, but now that I'm nearing my late-30's, I easily get irked and agitated when I'm in a very crowded and packed place that squeezing myself through a maze of people just to where I wanted to go is enough to unleash my dark side, so to speak. But thinking about it, since this will be my first time (I hope) to conquer the ToyCon event, I'm willing to keep my Mr. Hyde alter ego at bay and see for how long I can keep up with the maddening crowd... Maybe finding myself some nice and affordable toys to purchase would keep me pacified, but this is yet to be discovered.


It would be nice to be able to attend this year's ToyCon and I'm hoping that there wouldn't be any setbacks or hassles on my part since I'm now kinda bent on going there no matter what, all for the sake of experiencing the thrills and the chills of being there in the flesh during a big annual event like the Philippine ToyCon. Keeping my fingers crossed and hope to see you guys there soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment