Monday, October 10, 2011

Adopting an unwanted and damaged Bearbrick figure

Nowadays most toy shops in and around the metro are now selling loose items or pre-owned toy items as well. And for a bargain toy hunter like me, this is indeed quite favorable on my part since most of the items from my collection consists of toys that I got as loose items. I'm not that particular when it comes to these loose toy items since for one I am just a random toy collector and for as long as I get my money's worth on the item that I'm buying, then everything's cool with me. It was during one of those rare visits to these chain of toy shops when I accidentally discovered this Bearbrick figure lying in a pile of other toys being sold at relatively affordable prices. It was priced at Php 99 (roughly around $2.00 something) but when I examined it closely, it looks like that the Bearbrick figure was a factory reject, or I even thought that it might have been accidentally damaged so the previous owner decided to sell it off since nobody wanted to put on display a damaged toy figurine, right? I guess there were two or three more damaged Bearbrick figures in that pile and since I have already made previous toy purchases that day, I decided to get this one first and hopefully come back for the rest when I return.

The slightly damaged Bearbrick toy figure
It took me around almost three weeks before I went back there to buy the remaining Bearbrick figs, and sadly my hunches were right all along and as I looked into the plastic container where I found them, they were not there anymore... though I was thinking that at least somebody might have bought them and now they have a new home where the new owners can enjoy the Bearbricks as part of their toy collection. The overall condition of this Bearbrick is quite good except for the chipped paint details on the right ear and face. A mint condition/brand new Bearbrick figure same to this is selling at shops for less than Php 300 (less than $7.00), but in any case I'm glad that I was able to get this one since I never had a Bearbrick figure in my collection and honestly I would never spend an insanely huge amount of money just to buy the vinyl or diecast versions of the Bearbrick and though this may be a bootleg/replica of the real deal... as I always say, "Who cares? As long as I get my money's worth on the item, we're cool."

No comments:

Post a Comment